Saturday, January 01, 2011

Looking Ahead for 2011

I'm not a big fan of New Year's resolutions, but I do have some goals for the year, which in my opinion are different than resolutions. Resolutions commonly involve drastic change without proper preparation (which is generally why they often fail!), and all because of a silly calendar change. But what goals I have for the year are goals I'd make anyway... just so happens that the year changing is a good time to list them.

1. Stay injury free - I haven't been injured since spring, and hope to keep that momentum going by playing things smart.

2. PR at Boston - Truthfully, I'm just happy to be in the race and if I don't PR it won't matter to me that much, but I'm going for it.

3. Hmmm. Well, I guess there is no third training goal that is in the forefront right now. I have some other things I want to do accomplish in mind, but 1 and 2 listed above are my main focus with running right now. I guess if I had a third it'd be to continue to improve with skate skiing.

As for this morning, I met up with several others at Bradbury Mountain for a trail run. The snow was moderately soft, which made things a bit slow but all in all the conditions actually weren't too bad, especially considering the ridiculously warm temperatures.

We kept the pace very easy and had some great conversation going this morning, which continued afterwards when Jim, Joe and I went out for breakfast to refuel. Fun start to 2011.

Ran 7.8 miles @ 10:20/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 129/144
Trails blanketed in moderately soft snow.
Very hilly.
Mid 30s to mid 40s, sunny.
Adidas Adizero XT, shorts, windbreaker (shed halfway), short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

No comments: