Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mt. Hope

This route is easily a major buttkicker since it climbs Mt. Hope, a pretty challenging hill in the town I teach in. My legs are always jello by the time I get to the top around four miles in and my heart feels like it's about to explode, but at least after that it's pretty mellow.

This wasn't the goal, but it's easily the fastest I ever ran this route, which was nice. I'll take it. Great workout. Cranked it on the steep downhill nine miles in to pound the quads a bit and then picked up the pace even more on the flat, final mile (6:38 and 6:24 respectively).

Ran 11.0 miles @ 7:33/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 147/176
Paved roads.
Extremely hilly.
Upper 20s, partly cloudy.
Sauncony Kinvara, long pants, windbreaker, long sleeved shirt (was too much, should have went with short sleeve under the windbreaker), beanie, gloves, handheld water bottle.

No comments: