Sunday, January 02, 2011

Rock Solid 15-Miler

Had the goal of doing a 15-miler down to the Saco River and back at under 8:00/mile pace but would let how much under be dictated by how I was feeling. Everything seemed to be clicking so I just let the pace come down naturally and ended up with what is a pretty fast run for me.

Felt good to cap off a pretty solid week of running and skiing with a run like this one, especially after I felt like I was struggling a bit last week. A good reminder that taking a step back when one isn't really feeling it usually always yields two steps forward.

Ran 15.3 miles @ 7:18/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 149/166
Paved roads.
Moderately hilly.
Around 40 degrees, overcast.
Saucony Kinvara, long tights, windbreaker, short sleeved shirt, beanie.

Powered by RunningAHEAD.com

2 comments:

middle.professor said...

great run - what's your HR max?

Jamie Anderson said...

Around 185.