Friday, November 28, 2008

Twelve in the Cold Rain

I thought I could beat the precipitation, but about a quarter of a mile into the run it began to sleet and then quickly changed over to a light to moderate rain. However, I was warm and comfortable throughout the run. Glad I was able to get in the run sooner rather than waiting for the rain to stop.

I'm pretty pleased with how my running has been going lately. Hopefully I can keep it going, but all systems are looking good. Even with the relatively intense running the last week I've been able to keep the PF under control. Some new things I'm trying are duct taping my left foot (the right foot doesn't have any pain anymore) via this method. Too early to really gauge its effectiveness but it appears to helping. I've also been aggressively icing my foot and doing calf stretches several times a day.

And I had a great song going through my head during the entire run. It builds up nicely and I can't help bopping my head along with the beat every time I hear it.



Ran 12.2 miles @ 8:24/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 141/162
Paved roads
Moderately hilly.
Mid 30s, overcast, light to moderate rain throughout.
Long pants, fleece jacket, short sleeved shirt, refl. vest, beanie, gloves.

1 comment:

Love2Run said...

God! That was horrible! I just wasted 3:47 watching it too. Are you sure the cold rain and sleet isn't doing something to your brain?? Nice job racking up the miles though.