Saturday, November 29, 2008

A Fine Morning on the Trails

Met up with a pretty formidable group for a run at Pineland Farms that consisted of Ian, Jim, Erik, Jeff, Dora, Chris, Lilly, Dom, and Valerie (I think I got everyone?). Plan was to do 15 miles, and I stuck to that plan, though I almost bailed out a few miles short (thanks to Ian for opening a door to get in the miles by suggesting a shorter loop to end the day).

Run went well. I was definitely feeling the effects of this week and was behind the group for most of the run as a result. However, energy was pretty good, unlike last weekend's trail run. In fact, pace was actually pretty on par with what I normally do on these trails, I guess the others are just getting faster. :-)

I'm on track to end the week tomorrow with a good mileage total, so I'm stoked about that. And end it in grand fashion I will, with a Hash House Harriers run... something I've been wanting to do for a while and should be a blast!

Ran 15.1 miles @ 9:11/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 146/162
Trails, muddy and icy.
Very hilly.
Upper 20s to start, around 40 degrees at end, partly cloudy.
Clothing varied, shedded down to shorts, long sleeved shirt, short sleeved shirt, beanie.

1 comment:

Sparkplug said...

Glad to hear you had a good trail run today, and are feeling better! Hope you had a good turkey day. I think I'm still recovering from all the food I ate :-)