Thursday, July 05, 2012

Thursday Long Run

Nice long run this morning over a very hilly route. Normally I'd like to put a short, easy day in between a speed workout and a long run, but given the marriage this weekend this was my best only chance to get it in.

Not to get corny, but the mind often wanders on long runs. Today, I couldn't help but think what a lucky guy I am and can't wait to spend the rest of my life with Kate, and I'll just leave it at that since this a running blog.

Went well. Felt yesterday's speed workout and it made it easy to keep the pace very slow. Didn't realize it until yesterday, but I hadn't done any runs over 20 miles since the Boston Marathon. Yikes. Glad to get this one under my belt and glad it went well.

Ran 21.1 miles @ 8:26/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
Upper 60s to mid 70s, partly cloudy, humid.
Saucony Kinvara 3, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

4 comments:

middle.professor said...

come to think of it, I also haven't done any runs over 20 miles since the Boston marathon

unstrung said...

sweeeeeet - so happy for you and kate. have the best weekend! (and life!)

Jeremy Bonnett said...

Yup, happy for ya on all fronts!

sn0m8n said...

I haven't done any runs over 20 miles since 2011. What do I win?