Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Morning Track Session

It had rained earlier in the morning, making conditions pretty soupy, but a great session at the track nonetheless. I had planned on 7 X 800M w/ 400M of active recovery. Was in a groove until a stomach cramp hit me on the seventh split, so I issued a Code Brown and stopped at 400M to avoid disaster. I think I drank too much water just before that last one and it threw me off. At least it happened on the last split as opposed to earlier in the workout.

800M splits were: 2:48, 2:49, 2:46, 2:50, 2:50, 2:50. The 400M split was 1:23.

Very pleased, especially with the humidity. Felt very in sync... pushed hard yet it felt comfortable to push hard. I was drenched in sweat afterwards. Kicked off the shoes and ran barefoot on the soccer fields to cool down.


Speaking of track stuff: Shame on Nike and the USATF for their corruption in two recent incidents. The whole Tarmoh vs. Felix showdown cancellation just reeks of WTF-ness, and it seems pretty apparent to me that some sponsor money changed hands. Really, really lame and not good for the sport. And now you have this about scumbag Mark Block. Kudos to Letsrun.com for breaking the story. 

w/u: Ran 1.0 miles @ 7:32/mile pace.
6 X 800M w/ 400M active recovery.
1 X 400M
c/d: Ran 1.1 miles @ 10:24/mile pace.
Lower 70s, partly sunny, humid.
Brooks Mach 13 on w/u and intervals, barefoot on cooldown, shorts.

3 comments:

Jeremy Bonnett said...

"code brown"

HAahahaaaaaaa. You're too funny man.
Great splits, still keeping with a smart solid base ready for anything. I like it.

middle.professor said...

I didn't get code brown until Jeremy help. Ha ha ha ha!
(Jeff in the words of Jamie) KABAM!
(Jeff in the words of Jeremy) Strong work man!
(Jeff in the words of Dave) Good run brother!
(Jeff in the words of Ryan) Track must have been short!
(Jeff in the words of Mary) But you were having fun, right!
(Jeff in the words of James) I expected faster!
(Jeff in the words of Ian) I was there to witness the code brown!

unstrung said...

jamie friggin anderson nails it again. hot diggety!

jeff, you also nailed it.