Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Hills and Clouds

I woke up later than I had hoped, courtesy of one of the cats struggling with a hairball in the middle of the night and interrupting our sleep (he's fine). Thankfully, Mother Nature thew me a bone and provided cloud cover throughout the run, sans 10 seconds of sunshine up on the ridge, but that was it.

Did my 10-mile town hall loop, which I love. Good hills and it's scenic. Easy pace overall, but I did have a true progression for each split. That's pretty moot since I took it slow overall, but there's still something satisfying about seeing each mile being faster, especially over hills.

Planning on hitting Twin Brooks this evening for a second run with the Trail Monsters.

Ran 10.1 miles @ 7:49/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
Mid 70s to around 80, overcast, humid.
Saucony Kinvara 3, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap.

No comments: