Saturday, July 07, 2012

Stephen King Loop

Why haven't I done this before? At my soon-to-be in-laws' house in Brewer, I ran across the bridge to Bangor (aka Derry in Stephen King's books), past the public library (It), through the Barrens (It, 11/22/63) and then up the hill to the Standpipe (It).

After those landmarks, I topped it off with a run past King's house. This was good as his street has plenty of tall trees and therefore good shade...it was quite hot and humid out. I've driven by his house a few times already which made it easier not to gawk, but I did note the really cool gargoyles on the iron wrought fence surrounding his yard.

Kept the pace very easy because of the less than ideal weather. A pretty funny note, earlier in the run when I was between the library and the Barrens, I exchanged hellos with a fit looking older runner. Saw him again over in Brewer about an hour later when I was almost done. Both pretty random areas. We both laughed and slapped hands when we passed each other.

Ran 8.7 miles @ 8:53/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
Lower 70s to lower 80s, sunny, humid.
Saucony Kinvara 3, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

No comments: