Thursday, July 26, 2012

Breakfast On-The-Go

A real treat during this morning's trail run in the woods out back...I explored a short side path which led to a huge wild blueberry patch. I felt like the kids in Willy Wonka when they first entered that candy garden inside the factory. And like those kids, I feasted big time. Huge low bush berries that were as big as high bush ones. It was awesome.

And while there wasn't a forbidden chocolate river to tempt me into disaster, there were deer flies to contend with. However, they actually weren't too bad. They were moving pretty slowly which I assume was because of the overcast skies and the approaching rain. Definitely tolerable.

Pretty good run. Legs felt pretty tired. Also, I've had a bit of a shin splint issue in the right leg for a few weeks now, but per usual, after a few miles it didn't really bother me. Not a big deal. I think a shorter, light day might be in order tomorrow to let the batteries recharge a little.

Ran 8.1 miles @ 9:29/mile pace.
Trails, fire roads.
Very hilly.
Around 70 degrees, overcast, humid.
New Balance MT110, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap.

2 comments:

mindy said...

Yum!!

Thumbs down to shins splints, grrrr. Hope it settles down soon!

Sparkplug said...

Yum, blueberries! The best thing about running in the woods/along old roads/on the powerlines this time of year!