Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Early Morning Run

I woke up at 3am, never fell back asleep and ended up crawling out of bed an hour later. The sun slowly began to rise and the birds increased their morning symphony as I sipped on a few lattes while reading Stephen King's Hearts in Atlantis. The legs began to feel restless, so I was out the door at 6am for a run.

Really nice to get out early morning for the first time in a long while. While I only had five miles on tap, I still felt great compared to yesterday. I made it a point to eat super healthy after the bonk, including this awesome salad for dinner consisting of spring greens, spinach, cucumbers, summer squash, carrots, onions, tomatoes, grilled chicken rubbed with Frank's Finest Chili-Garlic Salt and just a little Goddess salad dressing. It rocked.

Healthy and seriously tasty.
Ran 5.1 miles @ 8:05/mile pace.
Paved roads, dirt roads, trails. 
Very hilly. 
Lower 60s, sunny. 
Brooks Mach 13, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap. 

No comments: