Friday, July 20, 2012

When Pick-Up Trucks Attack

A bit of a scary start to my run this morning. The road near my house has a very wide breakdown lane, which is great for runners and cyclists. I was running in said lane when I looked up to see a full-sized pick up truck crossed halfway into the lane a few hundred feet ahead, barreling right at me.

It became apparent he wasn't going to move. Texting while driving? Hatred for runners and humankind in general? I don't know. I didn't get a good look at the driver. However, a large slimy blob just may have shot out of my mouth and just may have landed with a loud splat in the middle of his/her windshield. It was a knee-jerk reaction on my part and perhaps not very smart, but at the same time I also feel it was justified. Regardless, the person never turned around. Too bad.

That aside, it was a good run. Kept the pace really slow to save the legs for Sunday. Really looking forward to it.

Ran 6.3 miles @ 8:32/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Lower to mid 60s, partly cloudy.
Saucony Kinvara 3, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

2 comments:

Sparkplug said...

Scary, Jamie! Glad you are OK!

pathfinder said...

hmmnn...a large slimy blob...in this case i think that is a good response