Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Rabbit, Rabbit

First of the month and I only wound up with 192.1 miles in July, but given the wedding and honeymoon, I guess that isn't too bad. Performances at the Bradbury Scuffle and the Old Port Half Marathon also mentally helped make up for that relatively low mileage.

After two bonks last week, I've since been altering my diet and I also got 10h 45m of deep sleep last night. I was out. And with that, I felt pretty refreshed this morning. I sought out a short tempo run since I wanted a tune-up but also wanted to save my legs for the Bradbury Breaker this Sunday.

Went well. Hit the first four miles in 6:41, 6:29, 6:36 and 6:14. Pretty easy, in fact, as it should have been. The only obstacle was the mid-morning heat and humidity, but not that big of a deal since the tempo portion was short. Followed it up with running 2.3 miles at 8:11/mile pace for a cool down.

Ran 4.0 miles @ 6:31/mile pace.
c/d Ran 2.3 miles @ 8:11/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Mostly flat.
Lower-mid 70s, partly cloudy, very humid.

No comments: