Friday, February 16, 2007

The Teeny Tiny Run

Ran 2.2 miles @ 9:05/mile pace.
Paved roads (snowy, icy)
Slightly hilly.
20 degrees, extremely windy.

Yes, slow and short. Reason was it was entirely with a couple of my coworkers, one of who is still relatively new to running. Normally I'll do the run with them as a warm-up and continue on and do my own training once they are done. Today, I just opted to stop here.

The sprained knee has been making leaps and bounds in recovery over the past few days. It was in the back of my mind that it'd still linger until my marathon. I honestly don't think that'll be the case now, which is good.

Will likely get in some MP miles tomorrow, on the condition that the roads are safe enough to push in the throttle. Still lots of ice and blowing snow on the shoulders.

3 comments:

Banking Miles said...

2.2 miles sounds real nice. Good to hear that the knee continues to improve. Getting some MP pace miles in would be a nice reminder to the legs for whats in store soon.

Love2Run said...

What's with the sprained knee all of a sudden? Thought it was just tightness and IT band issues? Take care of yourself.

Jamie Anderson said...

Not sure what it is. I just know it's on the outside of my knee. Whatever it is (was), it's going away.. thank goodness.