Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Sub-Zero Windchills (again)

Ran 7.1 miles @ 7:46/mile pace.
Paved Roads.
Very hilly.
Temps in mid-teens. Windy.

Today's run was a good one. I'm recovering nicely from Sunday, and I had to tell myself to put on the brakes for the last few miles. I take that as a good sign. Another windy and cold day today, with sub-zero windchills. At least it was sunny out. That always seems to make a big difference, mentally.

I don't want to put the cart before the horse and am hesitant to mention this, but I spent a few moments of my free time on the Boston Marathon website to accompany my daydreaming. I'm very mindful though about getting overconfident for qualifying. On the other hand, looking at the site and thinking about the race is a great motivational tool.

I also sent off my paperwork and a very large check for my entry into the Vermont 100 which takes place in July. I already qualified for that one at least. Lot's of fun events to look forward to.

1 comment:

Rose said...

Thanks for stopping by. I'm so amazed by all of you who consistently run in sub-zero temps - *gush.* Thanks for the inspiration!