Thursday, February 08, 2007

Running With the Wind

Ran 5.0 miles @ 8:53/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Mid-upper teens. Winds ~ 25mph, gusts up to 40 mph.

It's been windy all week, but today takes the cake. The push was appreciated when it was at our backs, but running into it was definitely a good workout. The blowing snow stung when it hit and I was glad I was wearing my sunglasses for protection. Kind of fun to run in, truth be told.

I had thought about doing seven miles today, but decided I still feel a tad more sore than I'd like from Sunday so I just did five. The run was with one of the teachers I work with who really made great strides last year before throwing out his back.

Looking ahead, tomorrow will likely be another five miles. Saturday likely will be seven or eight with some miles at MP thrown in. Sunday around 14.o miles at an easy pace.

2 comments:

MB said...

man, you really know how to crank back the pace

Love2Run said...

Playing it very smart I think. I'm getting excited for you and looking forward to that race report in a few weeks.