Friday, February 02, 2007

Coasting to Sunday

Ran 7.0 miles @ 7:59/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
30 degrees, overcast.

I've come up with the game plan for the rest of this week and into next week and somewhat beyond. Feeling pretty good about it. Goal today was seven at an easy pace. The run itself went very well. Legs felt pleasantly sore, I suspect I'll be in good shape for Sunday. Nothing flashy to report, just went at an easy and enjoyable pace.

Tomorrow I'm planning on the same as today. That'll put me at slightly over 70 miles for the week after Sunday's 20 miler, the last 10 of which will be during a race. Then, it's taper time.

Speaking of the taper, I'm probably going to do around 45 miles next week. Second to last week before the marathon I'm planning on running around 35 and the week before around 28. The marathon is almost here, woohoo!

1 comment:

MB said...

Good luck on your 20-miler tomorrow!