Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Warming Up

Ran 6.1 miles @ 8:28/mile pace.
AHR = 145
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Mid 30s, sunny.

Sunny skies and temps in the mid-30s felt downright tropical today. It was nice to be able to run with just a long sleeve shirt on over a short sleeved one and long pants. Ah, the freedom.

My left knee sprain made itself known again today. Felt it again out of the blue when I woke up this morning, and definitely noticeable during the run. I don't think it's that big of a deal, but it does warrant careful monitoring. May take a rest day tomorrow as a precaution. In the meantime, plenty of ice and anti-inflammatories.

The run itself... took it slow and easy with the goal of not letting my heart rate get above 149. I set the alarm on my Forerunner to go off when it got above that. Very nifty for sure, not to mention valuable. This gadget continues to impress me.

12 comments:

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Yes, a beautiful spring-like day today.

Good call on the rest - no need to push it too far with only a few days to go.

You may want to add beer and ice cream to your ice and ibuprofin regimen. It works wonders.

Jamie Anderson said...

The store down the road had Shipyard's Winter Lager on sale for just four bucks a six pack. I bought two! It is just liquid bread afterall. Right? Right?

Olga said...

Don't you hate it when old injuries rear their heads out of nowhere? Ice the knee, take it easy:)

Love2Run said...

I'm with marc on the beer and ice cream! Have a great race this weekend and see you in Boston, eh?

Anonymous said...

It was beautiful today. Lucky you who runs in the daylight. Hope the knee feels better soon.

Rose said...

Glad to hear its getting warm again for y'all :) perhaps the cold and rain came out this direction (we need it!) Thanks for all your encouragement, and take care of that knee.

Unknown said...

Stupid knee! Why can all the body parts just get along?

While I'm many hours away from you, I also had warm weather tonight here in upstate NY, but events conspired against me to prevent a run. I may be running during snow tomorrow night. Oh well. The sacrifices we make for our passions...

Glad to hear the ForeRunner 305 is working out well.

MB said...

just gotta comment to push you out to eight comments. . .

pre-race jitters, eh?

Michael Jay Dotson said...

Ditto to the rest, beer & ice.

Not necessarily in that order.

Anonymous said...

What until your my age. My left Achilles is feeling much better. See you at Hyannis.

Jamie Anderson said...

TC - I tried to email you back, but it wasn't going through. Thanks for the HR spreadsheet, that was great. See you this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie; I assume you are already on the Cape. My ISP screwed up my domain. All fixed now. Hopefully your knee will behave. Let me know if you want a pacer. I only need to run a 3:30 and am more than happy to try and nail a faster time with you.

Take care and take no risks with our knee.