Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Taper Time

Ran 6.2 miles @ 8:56/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Upper teens, windy.

It felt good to hit the road again after the rest day yesterday. It's also nice knowing that I can take it relatively easy during the next two and a half weeks while I taper down.

Today I ran the first 5K with a couple of coworkers, one who never ran that distance before. They're doing great and are highly motivated, despite the weather. After they were done with the first 5K loop, I went out for another. That second one put in some faster times, but still well within recovery range (~8:15/mile), which is what I wanted.

Cold weather continues through the week. Doesn't matter much, I think we're all pretty used to it at this point.

1 comment:

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Its great that you can take this time to encourage and introduce others to the wonderful world of running.

The fact that they are new to the sport and out there in this weather speaks volumes about their motivation.