Sunday, February 11, 2007

Just as a Precaution

I decided to rest today. Aggravated my IT band on the left knee just a little during yesterday's run. This happened to me last November and it wasn't a big deal. Don't see this being too much different, but I thought giving it a rest today would do it some good.

What stinks about doing that is today is such a nice day. Sunny, no winds, and a seemingly tropical high of around 25. I did take advantage of it though, and went ice fishing and snowmobiling with my neighbors out on the local lake. (nothing was caught)

3 comments:

Faithful Soles said...

Jamie, from one injured runner to another, take it easy (if only I could listen to my own advice). I'm recovering from a bad left shin splint and finally am feeling semi-recovered with the Austin Marathon coming up next week. As for one of your previous posts, dream BIG about Boston. It took me 8 attempts before I finally made it in 2000, and it was worth all the sacrifice. If you get a chance, please visit my running web site, Faithful Soles. I have a categorized and searchable Running Blog Database on there and would appreciate it if you would link your blog to it. If you want to read a really great inspirational story about an event I witnessed at the 2000 Boston Marathon, please read The Greatest Marathoner. I also have my own blog, but most of my information is on the main web site. Thanks and continued good luck in your training.

unstrung said...

glad you did a rest day. wise. i didn't get out either - and the winds are supposed to pick up again tomorrow, eek! ah well.

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Rest is good. And this is the time for it.

No worries for the 25th - I'll be in NY, far from Andrew and Mike.

This faithful soles guy is getting a little annoying.