Thursday, November 14, 2013

Tempo Thursday

Some schedule rearranging... I took yesterday off instead of today but ran yesterday's planned workout today, which was eight miles total with five at tempo pace. I was kind of dreading it all day, mostly because I had no idea how it'd go, but not running yesterday helped freshen up the legs a bit. Was glad I did that. Not ready to do harder workouts on tired legs just yet, need a bit more base work first.

Mile and a half warm-up and then the tempo portion. Splits were 6:39, 6:50, 6:45, 6:40 and 6:46 over a moderately hilly route, followed up with a mile and a half for cool down. Not bad for this stage. It did feel a bit tough, especially that second mile which was mostly uphill. Fifth mile was also uphill, but I was more warmed up by then so not as bad. So yeah, all in all, can't complain.

Am adjusting tomorrow's workout. Had planned on 13 miles but it'd make more sense to save something longer for Saturday. I think tomorrow will be somewhere between 7-10 miles. Might even just do five if the legs are feeling pretty shot, but I think at least seven is reasonable.

w/u: Ran 1.5 miles @ 7:26/mile pace.
Ran 5.0 miles @ 6:42/mile pace.
 c/d: Ran 1.5 miles @ 8:20/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Moderately hilly.
Mid 40s, sunny.
Saucony Virrata, shorts, windbreaker, short sleeved shirt.

No comments: