Saturday, November 16, 2013

A Tale of Two Runs

Past few days have been one big whirlwind. Back-to-back cross country banquets on Thursday and Friday evenings (division and then our own). Seriously great and awesome events, not to mention sentimental.

Friday
Ran from the school. Was very tired from the previous night, so during my planning period (which is at the end of the day), I had a cup of coffee. That made me a bit nauseous during the run, especially at the end. Peppier, but nauseous. Easy pace.

Ran 7.1 miles @ 8:09/mile pace. 
Paved roads. 
Very hilly. 
Mid 50s, sunny. 
Saucony Virrata, shorts, long sleeved shirt. 

Today
Cursed my alarm for going off, but obeyed and rose out of bed to run with the Trail Monsters. Let the front group go ahead, and ran with Ryan and Sean. Ryan took a shortcut back, so Sean and I ran the rest of the campus side back to the YMCA. He was done but I continued on, hitting the campus side again. 

I was alone on the second loop, which was fine. First time I've had some alone time in several days so it was welcome in that sense. That and I was really slow now. Really slow. Pretty clear that the sleep deprivation had caught up to me and plus my legs were far from fresh. Enjoyed it though. Didn't do the entire campus side for the second round, but most of it. 

Went fishing with Pete afterwards. We both got skunked but it was beautiful day on the river nonetheless. 


Ran 14.8 miles @ 10:04/mile pace. 
Trails. 
Moderately hilly. 
Upper 30s to upper 40s, partly sunny. 
New Balance MT1010, shorts, short sleeved shirt, long sleeved shirt, cap, gloves. 

No comments: