Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A Run With Number Three

A few tenths of a mile into my run, I saw the number three runner on our cross country team running up ahead of me. He also saw me and stopped to let me catch up. We talked and our distance plans were similar, so we happily decided to run together. I informed him I was only doing an easy pace though, so if he wanted to speed up, feel free.

That never happened. We pulled each other along and each mile got progressively faster until we were down to around 7:00/mile. Not blazing fast, but far from my easy pace at the same time. I couldn't help it.

Oh well, it was fun. I had a light track workout planned for Thursday, will just substitute it with an easy/moderate paced run with a session of strides at the end because of today. 5-7 easy miles for tomorrow.

Ran 5.0 miles @ 7:20/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Mid 30s, partly sunny, windy.
Saucony Virrata, shorts, windbreaker, long sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

No comments: