Sunday, November 03, 2013

Another Solid Ramp Up Week

A smidgen over seven miles this morning at an easy pace. Another solid week overall, getting in over 40 miles. It's fun to think that in a couple of months my step down weeks will be more than this. Things are on track for getting there.

Bittersweet day yesterday as our cross country season came to an official end. Very proud of our girls team for making it to states but am sad now that it's over. It's been a very fun season.

On a selfish note, I must admit I'm looking forward to having an extra 10-15 hours a week. Sometimes it worked out where I could run my workouts with the teams, but that was usually only a day or two a week at best. The extra time in the afternoons will be pretty welcome, especially given my plate has been especially full lately with the writing class I'm taking. Big exhale.

Looking ahead, I expect to creep my weekly mileage up into the 50s by December. There's also still the MRC Turkey Trot 5K that I want to crush, so getting in some more speedwork in the next few weeks will be crucial.

Ran 7.2 miles @ 7:50/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Upper 30s, partly sunny.
Saucony Virrata, shorts, fleece pullover, short sleeved shirt, buff, gloves.

No comments: