Monday, November 11, 2013

Good Start to the Week

Ran a smidgen over eleven miles this morning. Recovery pace was intentional just to get in the mileage while not straining the legs too much.

This is part of a set-up to do another very easy five miles tomorrow and a tempo run on Wednesday. Thursday will likely be a rest day, and then on Friday I'm toying with the idea of having Kate drive me to work and then will run home from there (13.2 miles). That'll make getting in over 50 miles for the week very easy as the weekend rolls in.

Easier week next week to rest up for the MRC Turkey Trot. Can't believe I'm taking a 5K so seriously. That's good though, I haven't been serious and in decent race shape since Boston last year. Feels good to have a competitive drive again. I've run this race twice before but that was way back, but I remember that wall at the end of the course. Bring it on.

Ran 11.1 miles @ 8:37/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Upper 30s to lower 40s, sunny, breezy.
Saucony Virrata, shorts, windbreaker, short sleeved shirt, cap.

No comments: