Saturday, November 02, 2013

Opening Day Fifteen Miler

Rifle and shotgun season opens for deer today. Even though I was on the roads, I still wore orange given that I'm in a rural area and every yokel and their grandmother has flooded the woods. Saw so many trucks alongside the road that I wondered if there were more hunters in the wood than deer. I respect hunting and all, but given the hunter to woods ratio for my area, I wonder about the worth.

Run itself went great. Ran a new route that circumnavigates Harris Farm. Easy pace. Pretty scenic and enjoyable. Glad to have another longish run in for a building block. Hoping to get in another seven miles tomorrow to get me over forty again for the week.

Ran 15.4 miles @ 8:07/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Upper 40s to lower 60s, sunny.
Saucony Virrata, shorts, short sleeved shirt, long sleeved shirt (shed halfway), cap.

No comments: