Sunday, August 25, 2013

Two Runs, Two Successes

Okay, well really three runs. On Friday, I ran the warm-up and cool down with the cross country team. Shorter mileage than I had been doing recently, but it still went well.

Ran 1.0 miles @ 8:12/mile pace.
Ran 1.1 miles @ 8:37/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Mostly flat.
Lower 70s, sunny.
Saucony Virrata, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap.

Immediately after cross country practice, I came home, showered, and put the final touches on packing up for a camping trip up in the White Mountains. Kate and I had a blast. No running planned, as it didn't fit into my running every other day schedule this week. Instead, we focused on fly fishing. Pulled three small brookies out of the Androscoggin (Maine side) using a size 10 Black Nosed Dace I tied a few days before. Good fun.

Our campsite was literally surrounded by luscious blackberries. 

One of the brookies (catch and release). 
We got back today. After unpacking, showering (finally) and a nap I was ready for a run. Decided to test the heel on the trails in the woods out back and I'm really stoked that it went very well. No problems at all. No pain. No tightness. Nothing. The only obstacle was my general out of shapeness. 

That's good, but the fat lady isn't singing yet. Perhaps she'll be handed the sheet music soon though so she can start practicing. 

Ran 3.9 miles @ 9:51/mile pace. 
Trails. 
Very hilly. 
Lower 70s, sunny. 
Saucony Peregrine 3, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap. 

No comments: