Thursday, August 08, 2013

This One's Optimistic

Inflamed Achilles tendons have brought my running to a halt the past few days. Annoying and frustrating, especially since I'm now raring to go forward with my training.

Felt okay enough to give them a test today. At first, it was pretty horrible. By the time I was a half mile in I was hobbling. I turned around to go home, quite angry and ready to write a blog post on officially going on the DL.

As I was stewing, I noticed shortly thereafter that they didn't hurt as bad. Hmmmm. I took a chance and channeled my frustration-turning-to-optimism into turning back around and continuing on the planned route. I'm glad I did. The discomfort lessened as the run went on. Usually, that's a very good sign. Oh man, I hope that's the case.

How I feel tomorrow morning will be the real test, but I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm hoping I'll be able to take the NRA approach to problem solving, but instead of more guns, there'll be more running and that will loosen things up and take care of everything.



Ran 4.1 miles @ 9:23/mile pace.
Trails.
Very hilly.
Around 80 degrees, partly cloudy, humid.
Saucony Peregrine 3, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap.

No comments: