Thursday, August 01, 2013

Another Good One

Same route as yesterday, sans a small side trail I explored. Once again, deer flies were tolerable. Dryer air and seasonable temps are no doubt helping with that. Semi-bad in a couple of spots, but nonexistent in many others. Granted I was away for two weeks, but aside from that this has been one of the better summers for lessened deer fly activity in quite some time. I suspect the prolonged, cooler spring has helped as well.

Felt even stronger today. Pace was slightly quicker and it also felt easier. I've been dramatically improving the diet the past several days, eating very healthy and cutting back on beer big time. Granted, a beer or two a day is actually good for you, and I love beer, but for now I'm monitoring the calories and that's a good way to reduce intake.

More importantly, I'm just feeling the love for running again. That never went away, but it's just more pronounced now. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. If you love something, set it free... blah, blah, blah. I just love being outside and in the woods.

Ran 7.3 miles @ 9:43/mile pace.
Trails.
Very hilly.
Lower-mid 70s, sunny.
Saucony Peregrine 3, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap.

No comments: