Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Nap of Death

School has begun. Just teacher workshop days now, but with that and cross country practice I'm going from doing very little to doing a crap ton like that [[snaps fingers]]. I love it though.

But still, given that I'm going from zero to sixty in three seconds flat, naps are often needed in these early stages if I can swing them. I was watching cooking shows with Kate and around 4pm, I began to think that I can rest my eyes for.. just a little while... maybe take a power nap... for.. just... ten minutes...... zzzzzzz.

An hour later, I woke up. Iron Chef America was over. Damn, what did they make with all of those different kinds of carrots? In my groggy state, I laced up and hit the woods out back.

Just a little under five miles. My legs felt heavy, no doubt because I was still half asleep. Naturally though, it got better as the run went on but it did take a while. Glad I got out.

Ran 4.6 miles @ 10:44/mile pace.
Technical hills.
Very hilly.
Mid 70s, partly cloudy, humid.
Saucony Peregrine 3, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap.

No comments: