Monday, August 12, 2013

Hilly Tempo Run

Decided to up the game a little today. I'm going to do my best to obey an easy/hard principle, so decided to do another tempo run. Longer than the one on Saturday, and much hillier terrain.

Went well. Considering where I'm at right now, very well. I'm still quite a ways off from being in the primo shape of when I'm in the midst of a training cycle, but one has to be patient. In truth, it's good fun making that climb. You know you're not where you want to be at (or will be at) but it's fun taking the steps to get there. A little frustrating at times, sure, but if it were easy it wouldn't be as enjoyable.

Ran 5.6 miles @ 6:56/mile pace.
Paved and dirt roads.
Very hilly.
Upper 60s, sunny.
Saucony Virrata, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap.

No comments: