Saturday, August 10, 2013

Short Tempo Run

REALLY want to get the speed back in my legs, and the best way to run faster is to run faster. It's been too long, so I just did my 5K route and the goal was to run at a controlled tempo. By that I mean the breathing is steady and pushing it without the wheels wobbling.

Success. I would have been happy with anything under 7:10/mile given how long it's been since I've done speed work so to nail down 6:38/mile relatively comfortably was very encouraging. It's a great starting point.

Achilles update: Huge improvement today. Not even a real issue. Good. Time to get back in race shape. I am now raring to go for that. A big reason are my Trail Monster teammates who keep putting up incredible performances. Thanks all. Being stoked for them is stoking my own fires again and I can't wait to get back to where I was. Running the Breaker tomorrow with Kate, but I hope to truly race the Bruiser next month. Bring it!

Ran 3.1 miles @ 6:38/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Lower 80s, sunny, breezy, very dry air.
Brooks Mach 13, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap.

No comments: