Wednesday, August 21, 2013

One Small Step for Man

Another successful test run today. No problems or apparent signs of aggravation at this point. The real indicator will be how I feel tomorrow morning, but I'm confident it'll still feel fine.

What's good about this is that I ran in racing flats. Some friends have rightfully questioned the continued use of zero-drop or near zero-drop shoes. That may or may not be a contributor and I only have some doubt since that's all I've run in the past three-plus years. Why now? Why do others have Achilles issues in the same circumstances even after a lay off but while wearing shoes with more lift? I'd like to avoid throwing myself out of whack again wearing a shoe built differently if I don't have to. It's like potentially robbing Peter to pay Paul, in a way. That all being said, I realize I could be wrong, but based on how I've been feeling lately, I'll stick with it for now.

Ran 3.0 miles @ 8:04/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Lower 80s, sunny, humid.
Brooks Mach 13, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

No comments: