Monday, January 20, 2014

Monday Fifteen

Woke up with some pretty sore quads from yesterday's snowshoe race. Still went ahead with my plan of running fifteen today. I was a bit worried I'd have to shorten it, but my quads weren't put in any stress that they couldn't handle with the easy pace, so thankfully not an issue at all. 

Very pleasant day out and a great way to enjoy the warmth while it lasts. Arctic air moves back in tomorrow and high temps will be lucky to reach the teens and lows at night will be below zero. Good, as this will preserve the snowpack and I plan on a couple of snowshoe runs this week. 

The real focus this week will be on volume though. Today's run set that up nicely. Aiming to get in over 70 miles for the week, especially since there are no races this weekend. 

Passed the 600 mile mark with the Saucony Virratas today. They're still going strong. I usually got 700+ miles out of the Kinvaras so good to see the same with the Virratas. To take advantage of an awesome sale, I ordered a new pair that will arrive soon, but I don't plan on taking them out of the box until at least mid-late February. 

Ran 15.5 miles @ 8:24/mile pace. 
Paved roads, patches of snow and pebbled ice. 
Moderately hilly. 
Upper 30s, partly sunny. 
Saucony Virrata, long tights, windbreaker, long sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves. 

No comments: