Friday, January 17, 2014

Easy Ten

A last hurrah of this warmer weather before Old Man Winter returns. Still, despite it being in the lower 40s with sun and no wind, it somehow felt cooler. I opted to still wear long tights.

Kept it at recovery pace for the first half and then brought it down to a true easy pace for the second half. It's a bit tricky balancing volume along with ensuring I have race legs for Sunday. Feeling good about it though, I'm expecting to do pretty well.

Stopped on the way back to talk with a women outside of her house who waved me over. After about twenty seconds it became quite clear that the cheese had slid off her cracker a little. She was nice enough though and thankfully a window to get out of the "conversation" opened up and I leapt through it.

Also, I thought I saw somebody fly fishing on one of the local rivers (one of the few that are open year round). I suspected it was one of my students and a text waiting for me when I got back to my car confirmed it  ("I saw you running! I was fishing").

Ran 10.2 miles @ 8:20/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Lower 40s, sunny.
Saucony Virrata, long tights, windbreaker, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

No comments: