Saturday, January 11, 2014

A Non-Crappy Run in Crappy Weather

Light rain and temps hovering just above freezing. Headed out on the trails to take advantage of their solidity while it lasted. Was a fun run and I was glad I got out.

I decided to take a trail to a camp road which was sheer ice. What kinda sucked was it was way longer than I had remembered. However, an older couple who had just passed me slid off the road and I was in the right place at just the right time. Was able to push them out. They thanked me and said I was brave to be out running but I showed them the YakTrax Pros and they said "Ohhhhhh" while nodding in realization. What, do you think I'm stupid? Of course I have extra traction.

After that icy stretch, I was on some lesser traveled snowmobile trails for another mile and was postholing badly. Was glad when I met back up to the previously well traveled trails that had more solid footing. Just under 14 miles for the day. Time and effort wise, worth more.

Ran 13.9 miles @ 10:26/mile pace.
Trails, snowmobile trails. Mostly softly packed, mile and a half of icy camp roads, mile of softer trails.
Very hilly.
33 degrees, overcast, light rain.
New Balance MT1010, YakTrax Pros, long tights, windbreaker, long sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

No comments: