Thursday, January 16, 2014

Hair of the Dog

Recovery day. My overly ambitious plan to run 12 miles today was changed two miles into the run when I realized that would be overdoing it. Legs were definitely feeling yesterday's tempo run. Good.

Had it in the back of my mind that would happen. No worries. Felt better as the run went on; looser legs and more pep, so that's also good.

Easy days tomorrow and Saturday and I should be ready to race on Sunday. Looks like it'll be fast and kind of icy like last year when I got third place. Doing that well again all depends on who shows up, but I'm still looking to kick some arse.

Ran 7.6 miles @ 8:45/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
Mid 30s, overcast.
Saucony Virrata, long tights, windbreaker, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

No comments: