Friday, January 10, 2014

I Fear the Warm Rain

The only thing decent to run on now is the snowmobile trails. The roads are icy and slick and the trails and snowpack are poor for snowshoeing but great for running, so that's what I did. Kind of a no-brainer, at least for an easy run.

Rather enjoyable afternoon run before dark in the woods out back and my legs felt pretty peppy. Perhaps I should have pressed down on the gas harder. Guess I didn't do those hill repeats as hard as I could have yesterday. 

Warm rain coming tomorrow and tomorrow night and it looks like a super soaker. Combined with the melting that happened with warm rain earlier this week, the snowpack will no doubt take a crap-ton of damage. And more warm rain could happen mid-week. Sigh... This all on right before the first snowshoe race of the season next weekend. Whining won't do anything though, so will just make do with what is given. Perhaps I can go fly fishing during my rest day next week?

Ran 7.3 miles @ 9:39/mile pace .
Trails w/ packed snow, sans a about a mile worth of semi-packed snow. 
Very hilly. 
Upper 20s, partly sunny. 
New Balance MT1010 w/ YakTrax Pros, long tights, windbreaker, short sleeved shirt, buff, gloves. 

No comments: