Thursday, August 16, 2012

Saco River Loop

Late start to the run and once again it was super humid out, thanks to a storm that had just winded down. However, it was a bit cooler out and I'd even have some rain later in the run, which was most welcome. Still, I've had it with this humidity. We haven't really had a break in weeks and it's getting a bit ridiculous.

The run went well though. Easy pace at first that gradually picked up and I hit the last four splits in 7:12, 7:11, 6:56 and 6:41. Worked up quite a hunger during the run and am looking forward to devouring some burritos Kate and I made last night made from local beef and produce and my brother's homemade hot sauces. Good stuff.

Ran 15.3 miles @ 7:41/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Moderately hilly.
Upper 60s, overcast, very humid, intermittent light to moderate rain in the last third.
Saucony Kinvara 3, shorts, handheld bottle (diluted Gatorade).
  Powered by RunningAHEAD.com

1 comment:

middle.professor said...

It's the dew point stupid (no I'm not calling you stupid but just paraphrasing Bill Clinton). I spent much of last summer wondering why my training tanked and never considered the heat + humidity combo. Yes last summer was just as bad. This summer it finally struck me. I have a short post on it from a couple of weeks ago. Its more than just dew point though as direct sun and lack of wind are contributing x factors.