Friday, August 03, 2012

Absorption

I got a late start this morning. The sun was raining down heat and I wouldn't benefit from cloud cover. Despite that and the pretty high mileage this week, I felt really great today. Granted, I also took the pace easy, but I definitely had at least a few more gears to give had I of wanted to.

Still, the mileage this week will no doubt affect my performance at the Bradbury Breaker this Sunday, even if I am feeling great. But eyes on the forest, not the trees... I'm sure I'll kick myself a little on Sunday and play the "if only" game in my head, but the fact is the race this Sunday combined with the rest of the week is great hay in the barn for the 'A' race in mid-October.

Worth noting: an odd moment when I was climbing the uphill about five miles in... despite there only really being some thin cirrus clouds high in the sky and the sun relentless beating down, I felt some light rain drops. At first I thought it was a bird peeing on me or something, but there was no mistaking that it was a very light rain. The drops weren't very big, but I felt at least a couple of dozen of them over a quarter mile stretch. Devil beating his wife?

Ran 9.2 miles @ 8:00/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Moderately hilly.
Mid-70s to low-80s, sunny.
Saucony Kinvara 3, shorts, short sleeved shirt, handheld bottle (water).

1 comment:

unstrung said...

hmm, interesting funky rain. i hope sunday goes wonderfully for you! break the breaker!