Monday, August 27, 2012

And So It Begins

Hit a trail loop from my house that makes use of some ATV trails on the other side of the road. Moderately hilly route and overall I felt great despite the heat. At least it didn't feel terribly humid out, which was good. Nice run.

Things will start to get a bit hectic this week as I have my first two teacher workdays of the school year on Wednesday and Thursday on top of two cross country meets on Thursday and Saturday. Next week, students will begin. So for all intents and purposes, summer is over. I'm actually glad. While I appreciate the free time in the summer by late July/early August I start to get antsy and look forward to the new school year.

But I digress... point is, adjusting to the new schedules is always a little bit of a challenge but with some creativity I've always been able to get my workouts in. Bring it on!

Ran 7.8 miles @ 8:23/mile pace.
Trails, one mile of paved roads.
Moderately hilly.
Lower 80s to upper 70s, partly cloudy.
New Balance MT110, shorts, short sleeved shirt, handheld bottle (water).

No comments: