Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Dog Evenings of Summer

Kate did all of the cooking tonight. Grilled salmon crusted with orange zest and topped with pineapple salsa. Rice on the side as well as a very healthy salad. Washed it down with sparkling grape juice. Flippin' delicious.

After that settled, I set out for a run. Short and a moderate pace on tap. Went pretty well, though I probably should have waited a little while longer after dinner to run. A couple of miles in I started to feel it, but I slowed it down a little, felt better and then picked it back up. Good little second run of the day. Felt better mentally (see previous post), though I'm still sick of summer weather.

Earlier in the day, I brewed another batch of beer. It's a wheat ale with wild blueberries that Kate and I picked in the woods out back. I added them in for the final 25 minutes of the boil. Will be ready to keg in about two weeks, thanks to Blaine loaning me his keg set-up. I decided to name this brew "Smurf Blood Ale".

It puts the blueberries in the wort or it gets the hose again.
Ran 4.6 miles @ 7:22/mile pace. 
Paved roads. 
Mostly flat. 
Mid 70s, partly cloudy, humid. 
Brooks Mach 13, shorts, short sleeved shirt. 

No comments: