Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Dog Days of Summer

Motivation pretty low this morning, I think primarily because of the heat. I am very ready for summer to be over with. That all being said whined, I should probably just get my butt out of bed earlier to beat the heat. However, cross country season starts Monday and practices will be at 8am for the first few weeks until us teachers have to officially report to duty. Doing some workouts with the team is always pretty motivating, not to mention fun.

Because I didn't really feel like running, I just opted for three miles. About a half a mile in I thought "Ah, %$&# it" and decided if the run was going to be short, it might as well be faster. Dropped it down to a little below MP for the rest (6:44, 6:36).

Though it was short, the MP miles felt good. I had a lot more to give, especially if the weather had been cooler. With rain expected on Friday, I'm hoping to get in a longer tempo run.

Might also get out this evening when it cools down a little for another short run. Hopefully I can talk Kate into following me on her bike.

Ran 3.1 miles @ 7:00/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Upper 70s to lower 80s, sunny.
Brooks Mach 13, shorts, short sleeved shirt, bandana.

No comments: