Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Some Roads, Some Trails

After a full morning of XC practice followed by getting some work done in my classroom, I set out for a short run around the town I teach in. Most runs this week will be at an easy pace for recovery... and given the slightly longer than anticipated run yesterday keeping it short was a good idea.

The route was an ample mix of roads, trails and paved paths. Kinda fun. I explored a new-to-me trail that climbed up to the apple orchard and on to their abandoned Nordic trails, so that was a lot of fun to explore. Headed back down and then meandered through some roads and paths that led back to the school. Good little run.

Worth noting: no deer flies again today! It seems it's a few weeks early for them to be done with their season and I suspect they'll be back, but I think it's safe to say that the worst is definitely over.

Ran 4.8 miles @ 8:52/mile pace.
Paved roads, trails, paved paths.
Very hilly.
Upper 70s, sunny.
Brooks Mach 11, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

No comments: