Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Second Life

After a pretty lackluster medium-long run yesterday, I wasn't sure what to expect today. Compounding that uncertainty was Kate and I going to a double feature at the drive-in last night which meant a late night, and given that I had to be at XC practice at 8am, I only got four hours of sleep at best.

However, I oddly didn't feel all that tired upon wakening and after practice I was itching to hit the woods out back for a trail run. I got underway and felt pretty darn good from the get go. Everything simply felt normal. That really wasn't expected, so I was stoked I had rebounded. Still took it easy, but a very pleasant run as a result.

Despite it being somewhat warm and pretty humid, there were NO deer flies. Not one. Very cool. I felt a couple of them the other day when I ran with Kate, but they were so slow and weak that they were a non-issue. Another few days of their absence and I'll be declaring their season officially over.

Ran 7.7 miles @ 9:08/mile pace.
Trails.
Very hilly.
Mid to upper 70s, partly cloudy, humid.
Adidas Adizero XT, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap, Salomon Hydro 45 belt (diluted Gatorade).

No comments: