Saturday, August 20, 2011

Bradbury Bruiser Review Run

Ran at Bradbury Mountain today to run the Bruiser course. Race is in three weeks and I'm pretty excited about it. Makes sense to run the course again to refamiliarize myself with it. Set off with Ian, Jeremy, Blaine and Nathan, though we'd later lose Nathan.

Run went well. We took it at a moderate pace and had the usual and always entertaining banter as we ran. Was feeling pretty good which was nice. When we reached the O-Trail, Blaine and I didn't run it all out fast, but we did take it up a notch.

To each their own, but I think the O-Trail section gets a bad rap. It's super twisty and turny while being pretty technical throughout, but it's also nothing terribly hilly. Not a lot of people like it, which just seems kind of odd to me. I think it's actually pretty fun, and enjoy accelerating out of the turns in particular.

Worth noting there were only a few deer flies out and even then they were only in a few sections. Moving pretty slowly and not a real nuisance. Not much longer until they're gone again until late May/early June!

Topped off the morning with lunch at Edna and Lucy's, then Kate and I ran some errands in Portland. Fine day.

Ran 11.9 miles @ 9:49/mile pace.
Trails.
Moderately hilly.
Lower 60s to mid 70s, sunny, humid.
Adidas Adizero XT, shorts, short sleeves shirt, cap, handheld bottle (diluted Gatorade).

1 comment:

Sparkplug said...

You are probably right that the O trail gets a bad rap, but I have never been able to find a good rhythm while running all its tight twists and turns and dips. Not to mention, all the super quick and sharp lateral movement tends to irritate my IT band. Give me a twisty turny trail any day, but just not so crammed in like the O trail! :-)