Thursday, August 25, 2011

Make It A Double

AM:
I had planned on eight miles on the railroad trails at an easy pace this morning, but XC practice ran long and I had to get over to Kate's classroom to help her set up. So, I cut this run a few miles short and decided I could just do a short run in the evening from home to get in the mileage (and even a little more than originally planned).

Run itself went great. Legs and energy felt good, but at the same time it was pretty easy to keep the pace slow. Humid out but it would be nothing compared to...

PM:
... holy crap it was humid out this evening. It had rained lightly not that long prior to me heading out the door. I had hoped the next batch of rain would hit me during the run but no luck. Great run otherwise and the plan was still to keep the pace easy and the distance was short, so not a big deal at all.

Morning run:
Ran 6.1 miles @ 9:00/mile pace.
Railroad bed trails.
Slightly hilly.
Lower 70s, overcast, humid.
Brooks Mach 13, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

Evening run:
Ran 2.9 miles @ 8:03/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Lower 70s, overcast, very humid.
Brooks Mach 13, shorts, short sleeved shirt.


No comments: