Saturday, August 13, 2011

Shakedown Run

Hit the athletic fields at the local high school for a short barefoot run. Purpose was to just shake things loose for the Bradbury Breaker tomorrow. Felt pretty good and the quads didn't feel sore at all, but this obviously wasn't much of a challenging test.

Hard to know what to expect for tomorrow. Last year I ran it in 1:17:05. I was in very good shape then, but not yet at my prime. This year, I'm just two weeks out from a hard fought 50k race. So, I'm thinking both scenarios are about even, and I expect to run around a similar time. However, if the quads start to feel trashed after the first loop, I might have to slow it down. We'll see.

Ran 3.3 miles @ 8:55/mile pace.
Grassy fields.
Flat.
Lower 80s, partly sunny, hazy.
Barefoot, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap.

No comments: