Friday, August 12, 2011

Morning Trail Run

Nice and slow trail run this morning, noting the abundant goldenrods and Queen Anne's Lace that are very common in late summer. Also, the deer flies were hardly present. I only noticed them twice when I stopped  for a water and a bathroom break. That tells me they were moving quite slow since they weren't around while in motion, likely because of the cool temperatures last night and it's also late in their season.

I also tested out the Salomon Hydro 45 water belt I won at Brookvale, which arrived in the mail yesterday. Hardly necessary for a run this short, but the purpose was merely to get a feel for it. I was concerned there would be significant bounce which is pretty common in single bottle water belts, but at least on this test, it was very comfortable and nothing negative to note. I'll be curious to see how it performs when running faster, but all indicators are that it should be fine. I think I still prefer just carrying a handheld, but I imagine this belt will still come in handy.

As for the run, quads still felt a bit sore, but better than yesterday. Will run very light and slow again tomorrow to get them ready for the thrashing they will endure on the hills of the Bradbury Breaker.

Ran 4.5 miles @ 9:27/mile pace.
Trails with some dirt roads.
Moderately hilly.
Mid to upper 60s, sunny.
Adidas Adizero XT, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap, Salomon Hydro 45 water belt.

No comments: