Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Shakedown Day

This week will be really busy with school starting and two cross country meets on tap, so I had hoped to get in a run yesterday. But... during morning practice, as the runners ran mile repeats and I jogged over to another part of the course to provide times for pacing, my legs begged for mercy and to not go for a run afterwards, so I took the day off.

Monday was my first rest day in two weeks, so I was definitely due and delaying a rest day to another busier day later in the week might have made scheduling convenient, but it would not benefit my running at all and quite possibly put a dent in things. I'll just have to be a bit creative with scheduling later in the week (i.e. early morning running).

Glad I took the day off, as after this morning's run I could tell they had recuperated quite a bit. First of what should be two short and easy runs today equated to an easy 5K around the neighborhood. Legs felt pretty good. Second run later today will be a few miles longer but also at an easy pace.

Ran 3.1 miles @ 8:17/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Mid 60s, sunny.
Brooks Mach 13, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap.

No comments: